Friday, June 11, 2010

Last Night's Ride

We rode in the morning yesterday, but since the weather was lovely, I took him out again in the evening.

When I drove in the lane there were five new baby bunnies, two older babies and three adult bunnies running around. The new babies are so sweet, two black and three black and white.

Dancer and I practiced our lessons then headed for the new pasture. Rosie and Rod were heading out to put in post holes, so Rosie walked with Dancer and I over the bridge. I was glad she was there to assure both him and me.

Dancer was quite excited and remained so for the entire ride. We walked the fields, trotted a bit and had a wee canter. He was just too excited to settle down. I still rode with the bitless bridle and was able to handle him acting skitterish about the dogs, the other horses, his shadow...

The dogs were leaping through the long grass hunting for mice while Rosie and Rod worked on the post holes. The pasture sure is taking shape.

No comments: